Monday, 12 October 2009

Blu Stop Motion


I found this piece on Stash media whilst researching stop frame animation and thought it was amazing. One of most impressive things about the piece is the time it must have taken to create considering the scale and complexity of the piece. After looking on his site http://www.blublu.org/ I found that Blu is a graffiti artist and creates these huge murals in places all over the world. With a few of the works he stop frames the process in order to record the development. At the same time however i think it makes a beautiful animation, different to anything I've really seen before. The website was also beautiful and really interesting. They had set it out in the style of a sketch book which linked in well with the style of work they produced.

I've always loved the style of stop frame animation but this piece in particular inspired me to create my own personal project (the dragon) with drawn elements and stop frame. 

0 comments: